Error in trace mode

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 19 00:52:09 UTC 2019

On Feb 9, 2019, at 13:02, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> Ken Cunningham writes:
>
>> due to a weird idiosyncracy, if set autoconf.cmd you need to specify the
>> depends.build stuff after that line.
>>
>> No idea if this can ever be fixed. You just have to "know" this.
>>

> Actually, I found out after much trial and error that the solution is to add  port:autoconf and port:automake not only to depends_build, but also to depends_lib. Which of course is weird, as they are not needed after the configure phase. And I needed a build dependency on pkgconfig, because that is used in configure to check the versions of some dependencies.

Don't add those to depends_lib. Add them to depends_build, after changing autoconf.cmd.

Ken, it's not a weird idiosyncrasy; it's just the way it was designed to work. I've discussed the reason for that design before. In retrospect, it was probably wrong to design it that way, and we could yet change the design. Please look up the prior discussion and resume it if you're interested.