Error in trace mode

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 9 19:07:45 UTC 2019

> On 9 Feb 2019, at 7:02 pm, Piet van Oostrum <piet-l at vanoostrum.org> wrote:
>
> Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> due to a weird idiosyncracy, if set autoconf.cmd you need to specify the
>> depends.build stuff after that line.
>>
>> No idea if this can ever be fixed. You just have to "know" this.
>>

> Actually, I found out after much trial and error that the solution is to add  port:autoconf and port:automake not only to depends_build, but also to depends_lib. Which of course is weird, as they are not needed after the configure phase. And I needed a build dependency on pkgconfig, because that is used in configure to check the versions of some dependencies.

That might well work, but is not an acceptable solution as it forces anyone installing the port to also have these dependencies installed at run time, as well as build time. If they are only  needed for building, then you should only add them to the build deps, and then use the work around Ken gave.

Chris