A general philosophical question about MacPorts

S. L. Garwood slgarwood at icloud.com
Wed Feb 20 13:50:51 UTC 2019

A big thank you to all the people who chimed in and gave me much to think over.
I have used MacPorts since 10.6.8 - it is based on one of my favorite package managers (FreeBSD ports)
I’ve been a long time FreeBSD user, fan, and booster (since 386-bsd believe it or not).
I think for now I’ll keep using MacPorts (in spite of not having boost-1.68) and move off of Linux to a FreeBSD VM for *nix needs.
I am NOT a big fan of systemd so FreeBSD is a no brainer.
Again thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.