Heads up: poppler won't build

Piet van Oostrum piet-l at vanoostrum.org
Mon Feb 25 10:07:46 UTC 2019

Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> writes:

> Dear Dave,
>
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 00:55, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>>
>> Sierra 10.12.6 + latest security updates, MacPorts 2.5.4.
>>
>> Doing my regular Monday "port upgrade outdated", and...
>>
>>      --->  Computing dependencies for poppler
>>      --->  Configuring poppler
>>      Error: poppler cannot be built while another version of poppler is active.
>>      Error: Please forcibly deactivate the existing copy of poppler, e.g. by running:
>>      Error:
>>      Error:     sudo port -f deactivate poppler
>>      Error:
>>      Error: Then try again.
>>      Error: Failed to configure poppler: poppler is active
>
> Yes, I would count it as a bug. Primarily as a bug in poppler build
> system, but as a consequence also a bug on our side. I don't know what
> precisely happened, but I assume that poppler picks its own installed
> headers from the previous version from $prefix and then fails to
> build.

There is an explicit test in the poppler Portfile. It seems this was necessary for some older version.

if {${subport} ne ${name}} {
} else {
    # generation of Poppler-0.18.gir fails if previous version of poppler is active
    # appropriate for main poppler port only
    conflicts_build ${name}
}

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet-l at vanoostrum.org>