pkg reclaim and versions check

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Wed Jan 2 15:00:11 UTC 2019

Hi Ken.

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> It can be risky to use port reclaim for systems that can't use the buildbots as backup, or don't have a buildbot like 10.5 Intel or 10.4 PPC.
>
> You must be quite careful, or you'll be doing a lot of needless rebuilding.
>
> For each port or ports that you know you want, do this:

sorry for asking more details.. but why should it be risky on 10.4 or 10.5?

First, I'd expect reclaim to remove:
- installed stuff that is older than the latest installed release (inactive)
- active stuff, but which was pulled in by otehr packages now removed

of course without buildbot it is more inconvenient to reinstall
something, but why should it happen?
I everything stays to current, removing something old shouldn't even
require arebuild!

I had a blink light when I saw it wanted to remove soemthing I
specifically installed was up to latest version!

Riccardo

PS: in case, can I reclaim manually certain inactive ports?