Failed to build Bitkeeper

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Jan 6 21:34:49 UTC 2019

On 6 Jan 2019, at 15:56, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Odd...
>
>     ozzie:~ dave# port upgrade -p outdated
>     --->  Computing dependencies for bitkeeper
>     --->  Staging bitkeeper into destroot
>     --->  Installing bitkeeper @7.3.3_0
>     --->  Cleaning bitkeeper
>     --->  Computing dependencies for bitkeeper
>     --->  Deactivating bitkeeper @7.3.2_1
>     --->  Cleaning bitkeeper
>     --->  Activating bitkeeper @7.3.3_0
>     --->  Cleaning bitkeeper
>
> Huh?  Did the "-p" flag really make that difference?

I would expect it to. That flag tells 'port' to ignore the failure in
the 'destroot' stage of installation and proceed to archiving the
(presumably bad) staged package and installing it from the somehow bad
destroot directory.

I would NOT expect Bitkeeper to work. I would also expect 'port contents
bitkeeper' to show less than the necessary compliment of files.