Python/boost problem

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jan 8 00:18:33 UTC 2019

Sierra, latest MacPorts.  Doing the usual "port upgrade outdated"...

     --->  Staging itstool into destroot
     --->  Installing itstool @2.0.2_3
     --->  Activating itstool @2.0.2_3
     --->  Cleaning itstool
     Error: boost: Variant python27 conflicts with python36
     Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants
     Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

No reference to a log, and may not have anything to do with "itstool"
(whatever that is), but my limited understanding of Python (which I don't
use directly) is that versions 2 and 3 are quite different beasts...

Is this a reportable bug, or have I stuffed up somewhere?  I don't like
reporting "bugs" when it turns out to be my fault...

Thanks.

-- Dave