Anyone running X11 apps on Mojave?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:40:10 UTC 2019

Can you open the X11.app application by double-clicking on it in /Applications/MacPorts ?

If so, under the X11 applications menu, choose the first option to open a terminal, and then open your application that way.

Can you open it like this, from a terminal?

open /Applications/MacPorts/X11.app

It is not terribly unusual for the automatic launching of the X11.app (ie when you try to run an application that needs it from the command line) to get a bit confused.

About every few months one of my machines gets confused about this --- no doubt my fault somehow -- but I mess around with this and that for an hour, often using google for advice, and it usually works itself out, whatever it is I do to mess it up. (That's not great advice, I know...)

Ken