help on restore

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 27 19:09:40 UTC 2019

On Jan 27, 2019, at 13:05, Comer Duncan wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I'm attaching the existing sources.conf file that's on my system.  Seems a bit pecular and I don't know how long the line
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar
> has been there!  Can you suggest a nifty change?

There needs to be exactly one non-commented line that ends with " [default]"; your config file has none.

Also, please change the URL to rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar -- while the old URL still works, it is deprecated and we are trying to phase it out.

P.S: Remember to Reply All so that the conversation stays on the mailing list.