Problems With Mysql57

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 27 04:16:32 UTC 2019

On Jul 26, 2019, at 17:09, Michael Newmang> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2019, at 19:00, Christopher Chavez wrote:
>
>> Not sure about your other issues, but the `port select` problem was
>> reported a while ago:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/58197
>
> Yes, I’m aware of that. But, I don’t understand the consequences. Is the port select problem fatal, or can I go ahead and try to use MySQL?

`port select` is a convenience that places symlinks in /opt/local/bin. If `port select` doesn't work, you won't be able to call the programs by their convenient shortened names, but you can still call them by their absolute paths wherever the port put them. You can find out where the port put them by using `port contents mysql57`. For example, if you had wanted to run `mysqld_safe`, you would instead run `/opt/local/lib/mysql57/bin/mysqld_safe`.