Restarting from scratch on Snow Leopard

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 18:26:27 UTC 2019

BTW, when you get a chance, please print out for me the following, so I can see how it all worked out for you. We're trying to automate this, but I'm not sure it's perfect yet.

$ port -v installed libcxx

$ port -v installed cctools

$ port -v installed | grep ld64

Specifically, I am curious whether you got the +emulated_tls variant of libcxx already, or whether we'll have to get LibcxxOnOlderSystems users to add that manually. You will eventually need it.

IF you don't have the +emulated_tls variant of libcxx installed, then __after__ you have clang-5.0 installed, you might need to do this:

sudo port -v -n upgrade --force --enforce-variants libcxx +emulated_tls +universal

I might need to add that to the instructions at some point.

Ken