Restarting from scratch on Snow Leopard

Franco Vaccari vaccari at units.it
Fri Mar 1 18:47:04 UTC 2019

clang-5.0 installed properly, and after that I could install gdal, that previously failed. Below the output of the commands...

libcxx @5.0.1_4+universal (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='i386 x86_64' date='2019-02-27T22:13:37+0100'

cctools @921_1+llvm39-llvm34 (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64' date='2019-02-28T09:49:11+0100’

 ld64 @3_1-ld64_127-ld64_236-ld64_97 (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64' date='2019-02-28T11:26:58+0100'
  ld64-latest @274.2_2+llvm39-llvm34 (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64' date='2019-02-28T11:26:57+0100’

> Specifically, I am curious whether you got the +emulated_tls variant of libcxx already, or whether we'll have to get LibcxxOnOlderSystems users to add that manually. You will eventually need it.
>
> IF you don't have the +emulated_tls variant of libcxx installed, then __after__ you have clang-5.0 installed, you might need to do this:
>

> sudo port -v -n upgrade --force --enforce-variants libcxx +emulated_tls +universal
>

> I might need to add that to the instructions at some point.
>
> Ken

Apparently I don’t have the +emulated_tls variant. I’m ready to upgrade, as per your instructions. Do you see other anomalies in the output I’ve produced?

Franco