Rust - Failed to Build

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Mar 6 16:26:29 UTC 2019

On 6 Mar 2019, at 1:35, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> MacPorts is a volunteer organization. The reason why nobody has fixed
> the bug you mentioned is that nobody has volunteered to do so. It
> looks like there is a suggestion in the bug report that raising the
> ulimit might help. If anybody would like to attempt to integrate a
> solution for this into the rust portfile and submit a pull request,
> that would be great.

In fact, it looks like the ulimit solution isn't to increase any limit,
but rather to *reduce* the "hard" stack size limit so that a bit of
stack size management logic in rustc spawns a new thread instead of
plowing ahead in the main thread and crashing. See
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/51838#issuecomment-430804450

I no longer have a suitable test machine for the systems where this is
apparently a problem (El Cap and Sierra, it seems) so I can't really
submit a fix.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org