Anyone using cmake for iOS development?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Mar 13 15:03:14 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 15:57, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone using cmake for the development of applications for Apple's non-desktop OS flavours (iOS, WatchOS etc)?
>
> Reason for asking is that CMake doesn't set the Info.plist flags necessary for high-DPI support because it uses the same template plist for all application bundles regardless of the targeted Apple OS.
>
> A priori the only thing required for that support is to set the NSPrincipalClass property to NSApplication and that would be easy to add to the plist template, as a MacPorts patch. The question is whether a variant should be provided to disable that patch.

Can you please ask upstream and link the answer? Ideally open a bug
report with a minimal example?

I don't think that variants are a good idea (even if we make a patch,
it's better to avoid variants). If it's needed, it should really be
upstreamed. Imagine users with MacPorts happily testing their apps,
figuring out they work ok, and then this would no longer work on
someone else's PC, without anyone from the developers noticing, or
taking them hours, days etc. to figure out why it suddenly broke.

Mojca