Anyone using cmake for iOS development?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:41:36 UTC 2019

> Can you please ask upstream and link the answer? Ideally open a bug
> report with a minimal example?

See upstream commit #286c75f7f034c5fdcd43bcb755da74d09c809642 ... It's not easy at all to convince upstream when changes are required, and in this case it'd require finding a proper implementation - which is also not going to be easy at all if you're not already familiar with cmake's own source code.

A patch to the MacPorts cmake port would simply allow other ports to benefit from high-dpi support without having to patch the build system or the Info.plist in the post-destroot.

I think that's the principal concern here, and I'd argue that the example you give is a situation where the users in question should really provide their own Info.plist template to be used by their applications.

It *might* be enough to provide a hook to define the NSPrincipalClass, but I have a hunch upstream are going to require that this key be set appropriately automatically (instead of defaulting to the desktop NSApplication value and requiring users targetting other OS variants to set the property explicitly).

R.