Anyone using cmake for iOS development?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 15 22:54:35 UTC 2019

On Mar 15, 2019, at 10:10, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Would applications using Carbon start failing if they claim high-dpi support in their plist

It would depend on the individual application.

> and can those still be built on recent OS versions?

Carbon is 32-bit, so you can build Carbon apps if you can build 32-bit apps. You can't build 32-bit apps on Mojave, unless you sue the 10.13 or older SDK.

> Mojca: Do you have X11 applications that live in an app bundle? If so, what happens when you add either NSPrincipalClass=NSApplication or NSHighResolutionCapable=true to their Info.plist?

NSApplication is part of Cocoa. X11 apps are not written using Cocoa, so setting NSPrincipalClass would not be appropriate.

The only way that I could imagine setting NSHighResolutionCapable to be appropriate for an X11 app is if that X11 app is using GTK+ with Quartz.