Anyone using cmake for iOS development?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 23:28:27 UTC 2019

On Friday March 15 2019 17:54:35 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Carbon is 32-bit, so you can build Carbon apps if you can build 32-bit apps. You can't build 32-bit apps on Mojave, unless you sue the 10.13 or older SDK.

I'm pretty certain at least parts of the Carbon API exist for 64bit applications (Qt has long used it to my knowledge)?!

> NSApplication is part of Cocoa. X11 apps are not written using Cocoa, so setting NSPrincipalClass would not be appropriate.

Inappropriate, pointless and probably harmless/moot because the Info.plist file is *probably* going to be ignored for the most part.
Note that Cocoa consists of more than the graphical shell; AFAIK it's perfectly possible to use NSApplication in an application that doesn't provide a graphical interface, or indeed one that uses X11.

I have the perfect software platform for testing inappropriate configurations (Qt applications using the X11 platform plugin...) but not the hardware.

> The only way that I could imagine setting NSHighResolutionCapable to be appropriate for an X11 app is if that X11 app is using GTK+ with Quartz.

Then it's not an X11 application anymore ;)

R.