How to see Macports patches

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon May 6 00:22:49 UTC 2019

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Bill Cole
<macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:

> On 5 May 2019, at 19:38, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 7:22 PM Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I want to see the patches applied to Unistring
> >> (https://www.gnu.org/software/libunistring/). I found the package in
> >> search at
> >> https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=libunistring
> >> . Following the "source" link to Macport's GitHub I see
> >> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/textproc/libunistring/Portfile
> >> , but it does not have the patches.
> >>
> >> Where can I find the patches for Unistring?
> >
> > Here are the ones I am interested in:
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libunistring/2019-03/msg00005.html
> > and
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libunistring/2019-05/msg00001.html
> >
> > The first one was fixed a couple of months ago. The second one is
> > "won't fix" by the package, and I am interested to learn what Macports
> > is doing for it.
>
> Well, 'port info libunistring' shows that there is no maintainer for the
> port, so if you want a patch that is not yet in a release of the
> upstream package added to the port, you may need to do the work yourself
> and put in a ticket with the patches and new Portfile.

Thanks.

I can give you the patch for the first one for the UBsan findings. The
patch applies cleanly to libunistring-1.9.10 after unpacking the
tarball. use 'patch -p0 < unistring.patch'. I don't know Macports
build system so I probably can't go any further than offering the
patch.

I don't know how to clear the second one about the long doubles and
LDBL_MANT_MAX (=106). That's why I wanted to see your patches.

Jeff