OpenBLAS binary packages

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Fri May 17 18:24:41 UTC 2019

> On May 17, 2019, at 12:10, Artur Szostak <aszostak at partner.eso.org> wrote:
>
>> If a package has no maintainers, it may languish regardless of whether tickets are filed, let alone whether ticket filing is automatic.
>
> A brutal, but possibly effective policy approach would be to drop such ports after a few weeks grace period.

If it has no other packages depending on it, that could be an option, although I suspect the grace period should be longer than a few weeks.

But if it does have other packages depending on it, that's a problem.  Should the maintainers of those other packages take it on?  Or should they be dropped too?

Not to mention that a LOT of ports have no maintainer...which would make either of the above approaches have a severe impact.