postgresql83-server - Further Woes

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Sun Nov 3 08:10:41 UTC 2019

Periodically DetectX generates the following message:

=====
Items:  org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist
Some background launch items have just been changed on your mac which can affect its security
=====

I had previously uninstalled postgresql83-server and can’t find org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist in any of the following directories:

~/Library/LaunchAgents
/Library/LaunchAgents
/Library/LaunchDaemons

DetectX support suggested:

"... it's likely that macports is writing the file there as a temporary item and then deleting it."

Is that a reasonable explanation? If so, how do I stop MacPorts from creating this plist?

If it’s not a reasonable explanation, is there something I should do?

Mike Newman
Korat, Thailand