rxvt-unicode install fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 5 19:41:24 UTC 2019

Please write to our list addresses at lists.macports.org, not the old hostname you used which was deprecated in 2016.

On Nov 5, 2019, at 10:20, joerg van den hoff wrote:

> this is on OSX 10.14.6 and with current macports 2.6.2.
>
> it does not find <sys/types.h> it seems. I don't find anything related to this in the bug tracker, so any hint appreciated how to proceed.

sys/types.h is a standard OS header. It should be there, if you have installed Xcode or the command line tools.

> :debug:build SDKROOT='/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk'

Does the directory /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk exist?

Does the file /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/sys/types.h exist?

They should. If they don't, reinstall the command line tools.

If you have Xcode installed, what version? If you've upgraded to Xcode 11, since you're on Mojave, you may have fewer problems by downgrading to Xcode 10. This is just general advice for Mojave users, and probably does not relate to this problem you're experiencing now.