rxvt-unicode install fails

joerg van den hoff veedeehjay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 11:54:17 UTC 2019

On 05.11.19 20:41 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Please write to our list addresses at lists.macports.org, not the old hostname you used which was deprecated in 2016.

sorry, that was just an oversight (buffered mailing addressess...).

> On Nov 5, 2019, at 10:20, joerg van den hoff wrote:
>
>> this is on OSX 10.14.6 and with current macports 2.6.2.
>>
>> it does not find <sys/types.h> it seems. I don't find anything related to this in the bug tracker, so any hint appreciated how to proceed.
>
> sys/types.h is a standard OS header. It should be there, if you have installed Xcode or the command line tools.
>

>> :debug:build SDKROOT='/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk'
>
> Does the directory /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk exist?

yes

> Does the file /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/sys/types.h exist?

yes.

> They should. If they don't, reinstall the command line tools.
>

> If you have Xcode installed, what version? If you've upgraded to Xcode 11, since you're on Mojave, you may have fewer problems by downgrading

I upgraded to Xcode 11 prior to taking note of the macports caveat. I've therefore downgraded as
recommended (i.e. downloaded/installed "Command_Line_Tools_macOS_10.14_for_Xcode_10.3.dmg") but did
not do so for the full Xcode 10 toolbox (trusting this is not required?).

to Xcode 10. This is just general advice for Mojave users, and probably does not relate to this
problem you're experiencing now.

so the problem persists (rxvt-unicode being the _only_ package which choked during the `port upgrade
outdated' run) on two machines. in the meantime I did the update on a third one with supposedly
basically identical setup (OS version, /opt/local content etc.) where I did *not* have the described
problem.

any idea where should I look now?

thank you,
joerg