mysql57, boost and postgresql84

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 6 23:34:11 UTC 2019

On Nov 6, 2019, at 02:34, Michael Newman wrote:

> I have no idea why I have postgreSQL:
>
> MrMuscle:~ mnewman$ sudo port dependents postgresql84
> postgresql84-server depends on postgresql84
> MrMuscle:~ mnewman$ sudo port dependents postgresql84-server
> postgresql84-server has no dependents.
>
> I didn’t request it. I don’t use it.
>
> When I list requested ports, there are always several that I don’t recognize, such as:
>
> boost, gcc7, mysql57-server,  and nss.
>
> But, there they are.

If `port installed requested` shows things that you don't actually want, tell MacPorts by marking them as not requested:

sudo port unsetrequested portname1 portname2 ...

Then `sudo port reclaim` will be able to uninstall them, if they're not needed for anything else you've installed. Reclaim won't uninstall things it thinks you want.