mysql57, boost and postgresql84

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Fri Nov 8 22:06:57 UTC 2019

> If `port installed requested` shows things that you don't actually want, tell MacPorts by marking them as not requested:
>
> sudo port unsetrequested portname1 portname2 ...
>
> Then `sudo port reclaim` will be able to uninstall them, if they're not needed for anything else you've installed. Reclaim won't uninstall things it thinks you want.
This set a little trap for me. For some reason, clamav, which I did request, was not shown as requested. So, when I ran reclaim, it was removed. I was puzzled at first when freshclam started to fail. I’ve reinstalled clamav now and all is well. Is there some reason why clamav would not be flagged as requested?