XCode 11 on Mojave problem, again

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 9 16:45:04 UTC 2019

On Nov 9, 2019, at 10:35, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2019-11-09 um 15:07 schrieb Chris Jones:
>
>> On 9 Nov 2019, at 1:50 pm, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>>
>>> Since I didn’t find a way to install a 10.14 SDK, I just made a symlink to the 10.15 SDK under the name of MacOSX10.14.sdk, and it works so far!
>>
>> That is a bad idea, pretending a 10.15 SDK is a 10.14 one could lead to unforeseen side effects. So this is not something we recommend anyone does.
>
> I’m a cowboy coder ;)

Well, please revert the change so that it doesn't cause you trouble, since we don't want to receive tech support questions in the future that might arise from it.

>> Have you tried installing the CLT ? That should provide a 10.14 SDK that the latest MacPorts release will use.
>
> I thought CLT was installed with XCode.

It was prior to Xcode 4. These days it is a separate install. We recommend you install it.

> I tried now and it didn’t change the SDKs.

It won't change which SDKs are available in Xcode, but it will install a separate SDK that matches your OS version in the CLT directory. Now that you've installed the CLT, whichever port(s) you have installed that contain baked-in references to Xcode 10's 10.14 SDK will have to be rebuilt so that they instead use either Xcode 11's 10.15 SDK (if the port says "use_xcode yes") or the CLT's 10.14 SDK (if not).