failure to get gcc9 running

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 9 16:53:08 UTC 2019

On Nov 9, 2019, at 08:48, Hans Goedbloed wrote:

> (Since there are numerous complaints on Xcode 11.2 and Catalina, I downloaded Xcode 10.0.)

It's true that using Xcode 11.x on Mojave with MacPorts can be problematic right now and we recommend using Xcode 10.x on Mojave. But you should use the latest version of Xcode 10.x, which is 10.3. Install the Xcode 10.3 version of the command line tools too.

> --->  Installing libgcc9 @9.2.0_1
> Error: Failed to install libgcc9: no destroot found at: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc9/libgcc9/work/destroot

See:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#nodestrootfound