problem with perl's `PAR' module

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon Nov 11 12:49:34 UTC 2019

>>   Perl lib version (5.26.3) doesn't match executable
>>     'perl' version (5.26.1) at
>>     /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.26/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm line 62.
>>   Compilation failed in require at
>> /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26/PAR.pm line 7.
>>

> It could be a Perl port maintainer's issue or a texlive port issue,
> or even farther upstream in Perl 5.26 and the PAR maintainer on
> CPAN.
>
> Try installing the PAR port before texlive and see if that pulls the
> right dependency.
>
> The version requirement is so close you could probably get away by
> relaxing the requirement at
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26/PAR.pm line 7 to just 5.26

Thanks for the tips, but the problem was something completely
different: The `biber' binary is built with perl's `PAR:packer'
module, and I accidentally stripped the binary.  For this reason the
built-in 5.26.1 perl interpreter was retained, but the 5.26.3 support
files from MacPorts were used.  Reinstalling the (unstripped) `biber'
binary solved the issue.

    Werner