Should I worry about this warning when installing mingw-w64 on 10.6.8?

Ces VLC cesarillovlc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:24:55 UTC 2019

Thanks a lot Ryan and Ken, both for the clarification about (the lack of
relevance for) the warning, and for the situation regarding 10.6

I can confirm my build was successful for mingw-w64 (6.0.0+gcc9.2.0), for
both crosscompilers (i686 and x86_64 targets) but both of them compiled as
64bit Mac binaries only (didn’t try neither universal nor 32bit, so I
cannot confirm if the issue noted by Ken is still there).

Now I really look forward for the mingw-w64 port to be updated to the just
released 7.0.0 (I very rarely update mingw-w64 —mind you, my mingw-w64 was
still at gcc4.6.3, but the new 7.0.0 release notes talk about significant
“math fixes”... which looks like a good reason for updating, although OTOH
it seems strange that there have been math bugs in mingw-w64 for so many
years, maybe they are not that important, I don’t know).

Kind regards, and thanks a lot for your work in MacPorts,

César