Should I worry about this warning when installing mingw-w64 on 10.6.8?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 04:40:54 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-19, at 8:07 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I've already rescheduled all of the builds for the libc++ switchover, though there have been many many failures,

The astronomical number of failures was to be expected as 10.6.8 is trying to build everything with an extremely-new clang-9.0 compiler that builds differently than almost every other clang used on MacPorts.

It's not all bad news -- fixing the clang-9.0 errors will screen failures out for future Xcode clang releases.

clang-5.0 would build almost everything without a hiccup. I've been using it for a long time without these kinds of issues.

There are a couple of other issues (the too-old ld-127 linker, and the confusing identification as 32bit due to the 32bit kernel), but most of the failures are clang-9.0 it seems.

No big deal -- we'll eventually build through them all.

Ken