gnutls dependencies

Kastus Shchuka macports at tprfct.net
Tue Oct 1 04:41:59 UTC 2019

Hi,

gnutls was recently upgraded to 3.6.10_0. When I try to upgrade gnutls, it pulls in a tall list of dependencies:

--->  Computing dependencies for gnutls
The following dependencies will be installed:
 clang-8.0
 clang_select
 docbook-xml
 docbook-xml-4.1.2
 docbook-xml-4.2
 docbook-xml-4.3
 docbook-xml-4.4
 docbook-xml-5.0
 gawk
 gtk-doc
 itstool
 ld64
 ld64-xcode
 libomp
 llvm-8.0
 llvm_select
 py27-libxml2
 py37-anytree
 py37-lxml
 py37-pygments
 py37-six
 pygments_select
 xar
Continue? [Y/n]: n

Version 3.6.9_0 did not need them and worked just fine. I suspect that all of them are only needed for doc variant of gnutls. I tried to install gnutls without doc variant, but it still wants to install the same tall list. Is there a way to skip them? Or dependencies are always calculated regardless of selected variants? On another system I installed gnutls -doc, and then removed docbook-xml and the rest of the list, and port command did not complained.

Thanks,

Kastus