gnutls dependencies

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 22:42:18 UTC 2019

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 06:42, Kastus Shchuka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> gnutls was recently upgraded to 3.6.10_0. When I try to upgrade gnutls, it pulls in a tall list of dependencies:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for gnutls
> The following dependencies will be installed:
>  clang-8.0
>
> Version 3.6.9_0 did not need them and worked just fine.

Which macOS version are you using? What does the "port rdeps gnutls"
say about the chain that leads to clang-8.0?
I don't see clang on the list for 10.13, but I'm pretty sure it's
needed on older systems after upgrade to MacPorts 2.6.0.

It's a lot more likely that the dependency was pulled in after you
updated MacPorts base rather than the port itself.

Mojca