gnutls dependencies

Kastus Shchuka macports at tprfct.net
Wed Oct 2 05:18:47 UTC 2019

> On Oct 1, 2019, at 3:42 PM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 06:42, Kastus Shchuka wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> gnutls was recently upgraded to 3.6.10_0. When I try to upgrade gnutls, it pulls in a tall list of dependencies:
>>
>> --->  Computing dependencies for gnutls
>> The following dependencies will be installed:
>> clang-8.0
>>
>> Version 3.6.9_0 did not need them and worked just fine.
>
> Which macOS version are you using?

10.13.6

> What does the "port rdeps gnutls"
> say about the chain that leads to clang-8.0?

$ port rdeps gnutls
The following ports are dependencies of gnutls @3.6.10_0+doc:
  xz
    libiconv
      gperf
    gettext
      ncurses
  gtk-doc
    pkgconfig
    glib2
      autoconf
      automake
      libtool
        xattr
          unzip
      libxml2
        icu
        zlib
      libffi
      pcre
        bzip2
        libedit
    libxslt
    perl5.26
      db48
      gdbm
        readline
    docbook-xml
      xmlcatmgr
      docbook-xml-4.1.2
        docbook-xml-4.2
      docbook-xml-4.3
      docbook-xml-4.4
      docbook-xml-4.5
      docbook-xml-5.0
    docbook-xsl-nons
    itstool
      gawk
      py27-libxml2
        python27
          expat
          openssl
          sqlite3
          python_select
          python2_select
    python37
      python3_select
    py37-anytree
      py37-setuptools
      py37-six
    py37-lxml
    py37-pygments
      pygments_select
    py37-mock
  clang-8.0
    cmake
      libcxx
      curl
        libidn2
          libunistring
            perl5
              perl5.28
            texinfo
              help2man
                p5.28-locale-gettext
        libpsl
        curl-ca-bundle
      libarchive
        lzo2
        lz4
        zstd
      libuv
    libomp
    llvm-8.0
      xar
      llvm_select
    clang_select
    ld64
      ld64-xcode
  gmp
  libtasn1
  p11-kit
  nettle

> I don't see clang on the list for 10.13, but I'm pretty sure it's
> needed on older systems after upgrade to MacPorts 2.6.0.
>
> It's a lot more likely that the dependency was pulled in after you
> updated MacPorts base rather than the port itself.

Marius understood my problem much better than I described it and moved gtk_doc build dependency into doc variant (https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/144c3cec1e062304e769b896d242b3816ec2b5f9). I am very gratefull for the quick fix.

I think previously I was just getting binary build of gnutls, that’s why I did not need build dependencies. After upgrade to MacPorts 2.6.0, there was no binary package available, and building port from source pulled in build dependencies.

All is good now.

> Mojca

Thanks,

Kastus