MacPorts activation relating to bsdtar

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 12 02:42:11 UTC 2019

On Oct 11, 2019, at 21:39, Steven Esser wrote:

> The bsdtar command seems to work fine outside of the scripts. This is a fresh installation of Catalina and MacPorts, so there are extraneous installs of bsdtar or libarchive etc

I assume you are the only person experiencing this problem, since nobody else has reported it, so something must be different about your computer. I don't know what that is though.

> The custom prefix is just personal preference; The Catalina binaries aren’t being built yet so I am in the same situation in any case.

You prefer to compile everything yourself?

Once we start building binaries, you would automatically benefit from them if you had installed in /opt/local with standard settings. But as it is, you will continue to have to compile everything yourself even after we make binaries available.