p5.26-dbd-mysql configure failing with +mariadb

Darwin O'Connor doconno at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 23:28:31 UTC 2019

I'm trying to install p5.26-dbd-mysql which is needed to update mythtv.28,
which needs to use mariadb.

It is generating this error:

:info:configure 'perldoc DBD::mysql::INSTALL'.
:info:configure Checking if libs are available for compiling...
:info:configure Can't link/include C library 'mysqlclient', 'z', aborting.

It should be able to find the mysqlclient library because is bit earlier it
says:

:info:configure   libs          (mysql_config) =
-L/opt/local/lib/mariadb/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz

and when I look into /opt/local/lib/mariadb/mysql it contains:

libmysqlclient.18.dylib
libmysqlclient.a
libmysqlclient.dylib
libmysqlclient_r.18.dylib
libmysqlclient_r.a
libmysqlclient_r.dylib
libmysqld.18.dylib
libmysqld.a
libmysqld.dylib
libmysqlservices.a

If I install p5.26-dbd-mysql with +mysql57 then it works, although it
doesn't have to compile it in that case.

I tried resetting things by going through the Migration process, but the
error reappeared.