OpenCL deprecation in MacOS 10.14

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Sun Sep 1 10:15:57 UTC 2019

Folks,

I’m currently upgrading the GDAL port to 3.0.1 and… the OpenCL code doesn’t work anymore. No way I can find the file OpenCL.h anywhere in the system. I suppose this is part of Apple policy of deprecating OpenCL, so that no one can build new software based on it.

Could you confirm that OpenCL.h has also disappeared from the /System/Library/Framework on your machines (as of 10.14.6)? In which case, I’m going to pull out the +opencl variant from the new Portfile.

Thanks a bunch,
Vincent