OpenCL deprecation in MacOS 10.14

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Sun Sep 1 10:32:52 UTC 2019

> On 1 Sep 2019, at 12:26, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>
> I have 10.13, but it should be present in 10.14. Maybe it disappeared with 10.15. Even on 10.13 I could not make fft work with gpu using my own program though (but the headers were there), it only worked with cpu.

Apparently, 10.14.6 ditched it. I had no problem compiling the previous version of GDAL with OpenCL, but right now, it’s gone.
What you say to me rings a bell as to why some utilities build on GDAL used to crash. I’m taking your word for it, and I think the best way is indeed to put out that +opencl variant to pasture.

Thanks a bunch Mojca!

Vincent