OpenCL deprecation in MacOS 10.14

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Sep 1 16:52:32 UTC 2019

vincent habchi wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I’m currently upgrading the GDAL port to 3.0.1 and… the OpenCL code doesn’t work anymore. No way I can find the file OpenCL.h anywhere in the system. I suppose this is part of Apple policy of deprecating OpenCL, so that no one can build new software based on it.
>
> Could you confirm that OpenCL.h has also disappeared from the /System/Library/Framework on your machines (as of 10.14.6)? In which case, I’m going to pull out the +opencl variant from the new Portfile.

All headers have disappeared from /System/Library/Frameworks, along with
/usr/include. Apple only provides them in the SDK now.

Like Richard, I do have
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/opencl.h
on my system with Xcode 10.3.

- Josh