MacPorts Meeting 11th-16th October 2019

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Sep 2 20:57:37 UTC 2019

Dear MacPorters,

We are happy to announce the 3rd international MacPorts meeting in
Bohinj, Slovenia, from 11th to the 16th of October. (Meeting starts on
Friday 11th with the dinner and ends on Wednesday after lunch.)

Some basic information (to be completed):
    https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Meetings/MacPortsMeeting2019
Registration form:
    https://forms.gle/JbSLkykLSZRu7Q4b8

We'll announce the exact fee soon, but for early-bird registrants it
should hopefully not exceed 200 EUR for five days covering food &
accommodation.

We are really going inter-continental this year, with expected
developers from China, Indonesia and four people from India. After an
extremely successful GSOC summer almost all students and most mentors
are expected to be present.

The meeting is an excellent opportunity to meet fellow developers &
users, brainstorm together & hack together for a couple of days to
make the software and its ecosystem even better.

Bohinj is one of the nicest places in Slovenia, also really nice to
bring your family members (it would have been even better in the
middle of summer or winter, but then it would be overcrowded anyway
:). It's next to the lake, in the middle of the mountains and within a
national park, relatively easily reachable also with means of public
transportation (but we'll try to pick up as many participants as we
could).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Mojca