Converting port to subport

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Wed Sep 4 15:54:15 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I’m trying to fold py-acme, certbot-apache and certbot-nginx into the certbot Portfile. This will simplify maintenance as they always get updated together, and share the same source tarball.

Bjarne Mathiesen has created several additional subports which will also be available with the next release.

After adding these sub-ports to the certbot Portfile, disabling the old certbot-apache and certbot-nginx, and running portindex I get an error that the Portfile for certbot-apache cannot be found. port is still looking for the old Portfile in my local tree.

Yet the old Portfile exists in macports-ports, but is also ignored.

Do I need to use the obsolete portgroup?

This counterintuitive, as the subport has the same name as the port it is replacing.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula