[certbot,py-acme] Converting port to subport

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 12 19:09:10 UTC 2019

On Sep 6, 2019, at 02:51, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

>> After adding these sub-ports to the certbot Portfile, disabling the old
>> certbot-apache and certbot-nginx, and running portindex I get an error
>> that the Portfile for certbot-apache cannot be found. port is still
>> looking for the old Portfile in my local tree.
>>
>> Yet the old Portfile exists in macports-ports, but is also ignored.
>
> I don't get that kind of problems with all the plugins folded into certbot
>
> $=> port info certbot
> certbot @0.38.0_1 (security)
> Sub-ports:  certbot-apache, certbot-nginx, ...
> Variants:   python27, (+)python37, universal

>> Do I need to use the obsolete portgroup?
>
> I do think you'll have to do this for the exiting
>   certbot-apache , certbot-nginx
> but you might get away with setting an early expiration date ;-)

If the certbot-apache and certbot-nginx *ports* will continue to exist (but moving from separate Portfiles to being subports in the certbot Portfile) then no, you will not be using the obsolete Portgroup; you will be deleting the old separate certbot-apache and certbot-nginx Portfiles. The PortIndex entries for the new subports of the certbot port will replace the old entries for the old separate ports, since entries are keyed off the port name. It's just a matter of getting portindex to do that. I have at times in the past needed to delete the PortIndex and PortIndex.quick files and let portindex regenerate both. That may not have been necessary, and it may suffice to just `touch` the new certbot Portfile before running portindex.