Problems with MP 2.6.0 on Snow Leopard

Rob Widdicombe studio at rwconsultancy.co.uk
Mon Sep 23 09:38:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

Bear with me - I'm a musician, not a Unix expert, but I'm doing my best!

I'm still resolutely running Snow Leopard and last night did a port selfupdate to take me up to MP 2.6.0. So far so good.

However, when I then tried to do a port rev-upgrade, the problems began. It fails on the first step, upgrading gmp. Looking at the log files, it seems like it's expecting to find clang 8, and I have no idea why - I've never installed it and so, not surprisingly, it's not there.

I'm using:

Xcode 3.2
Component versions: DevToolsCore-1608.0; DevToolsSupport-1591.0
BuildVersion: 10D575

Here are the log files: