Problems with MP 2.6.0 on Snow Leopard

Mojca Miklavec mojca at
Mon Sep 23 10:43:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 11:38, Rob Widdicombe wrote:
> Hi,
> Bear with me - I'm a musician, not a Unix expert, but I'm doing my best!
> I'm still resolutely running Snow Leopard and last night did a port selfupdate to take me up to MP 2.6.0. So far so good.
> However, when I then tried to do a port rev-upgrade, the problems began.

Without looking at the individual logs yet ... as Ryan mentioned, we
would generally advice users of < 10.9 to wait a couple of more days
before doing the actual update.

This is something that we should probably write with some big warning
sign to both the homepage (download section) as well as under github

Some pretty big fundamental changes were done for these old systems
and there were two options:
- put an extensive amount of effort and horsepower to run both
configurations in parallel for an extended period of time
- switch the default and cope with some issues for a limited period of
time, hoping that not too many users will be affected (too much)

Due to lack of manpower we went for the second option.

According to the
buildbot workers were not even re-started yet, and I would expect a
couple of days (or weeks) for them to catch up. Ideally you would want
to wait at least until some basic binaries get built on the server. I
assume that your existing binaries still work?

Arjun: we should check in case the web app needs any adjustments. We
will probably no longer have the "legacy" workers.


More information about the macports-users mailing list