Failed to install libgcc9: no destroot found

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 10:57:06 UTC 2019

You are still getting

:error:activate Failed to activate libgcc9: Image error:
/opt/local/lib/libgcc/libatomic.1.dylib is being used by the active
libgcc port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f
activate libgcc9' to force the activation.
:debug:activate Error code: registry::image-error
:debug:activate Backtrace: Image error:
/opt/local/lib/libgcc/libatomic.1.dylib is being used by the active
libgcc port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f
activate libgcc9' to force the activation.

This is not correct. libgcc has not installed anything (other than a
stub readme file) for some time now.

Titan ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > port contents libgcc
Port libgcc contains:
   /opt/local/share/doc/libgcc/README
Titan ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > cat /opt/local/share/doc/libgcc/README
libgcc runtime is provided by libgcc9
Titan ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports >

If your ports are really up to date, I cannot explain why you see.

what do you get with

port contents libgcc ?

Chris