Xcode 11.4 port diagnose error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 6 04:38:20 UTC 2020

On Apr 5, 2020, at 07:46, George Wilder wrote:

> I just did a fresh install of macOS Catalina, Xcode, and Xcode Command Line Tools. The installed version of Xcode is 11.4.
>
> I install the latest version of Macports for macOS Catalina. I ran port diagnose to check my installation, and I got an error message about Xcode 11.4 not being supported by Macports.
>
> I assume that I need to wait for Macports to catch up with the current Xcode version before I try installing any ports?

I am not aware of any problem with using Xcode 11.4. We are using it on the MacPorts Catalina buildbot worker. It's just that it was just released and nobody added it to the list of supported Xcode versions yet. If somebody wants to add it and send us a PR, modify this file:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/_resources/macports1.0/xcode_versions.ini

And this file:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/configure.ac