apg still very useful, please don't deprecate

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Aug 17 03:49:10 UTC 2020

Sure, I understand your position. It's always inconvenient and costly
(to your time at the least) when software you rely on goes away. The
good news is, that's not happening to apg now, and may not happen any
time in the near future.

But the unfortunate reality is that without maintainers, software
eventually becomes incompatible with its changing environment. I think
the deprecation message has done its job in alerting you in advance to
the fact that, due to the lack of an upstream project, there is a higher
than average chance of that happening to apg at some point. Better to
know now than to be taken by surprise when it happens.

- Josh