how use bash 5.0 port

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Aug 31 21:13:07 UTC 2020

> On 31 Aug 2020, at 15:52, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think I found a way to fix this:
>
> Terminal > Preferences > General, in “Shells open with” keep “Command (complete path)” chosen and replace /usr/local/bin/bash with /opt/local/bin/bash
>
> (Or is this problemmatic?)

Mine is set to “Default login shell”. If you have “Command” selected and have filled in a path to a shell, that will override whatever your shell is set to. This could be useful if you wanted a different shell and didn’t want to or couldn’t set it by other means, but I think it’d be better to leave it set to not override the shell if possible.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448