Compile ffmpeg static file from Macports?

K Hindall kkh2 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 3 17:44:00 UTC 2020

Hello!

I have never been a coder, which is why I have Macports.

Now I need a static ffmpeg file (to run ff·Works, thereby /proving/ that
I am not a coder!). I know that Macports uses dynamic libraries rather
than static ones and somehow that complicates the process, but ...
that's as far as my understanding goes.

I would need either a port that would do it for me or *very* precise
instructions on how to do it.

Does anyone know of either? I've poked around on the Web, but haven't
found anything that I can make sense of.

Thank you.