info

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Fri Dec 4 15:18:52 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:01 AM Artem Loenko via macports-users <
macports-users at lists.macports.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in the same boat (and have switched from HomeBrew to MacPorts a few
> weeks ago, so, maybe I am wrong).
>
> MacPorts as a tool works just fine on Macs with Apple Silicon, but many
> ports are “broken” and have to be fixed. Most of them just do not compile
> for `arm64`, and it is not MacPorts fault, some - do

quick question: is Apple using more or less the same stack and toolchain
i.e. Mach + FBSD backbone and LLVM, etc. ? or has something very important
changed for Apple silicon?

What you are saying suggests that nothing major has changed except the LLVM
target to arm64, is this correct?

TIA, and pardon my ignorance on the matter.

Best,

--
Alex