Need help reverting to older library

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:35:33 UTC 2020

of course the simplest method of reverting to an older binary is to just reactivate it if you still have it installed, but inactive, after an update.

This will show you what versions are installed:

port -v installed portname

and this:

port activate portname

will give you a menu of previous versions to activate.

You may run into linkage troubles, etc, but I use this often to get out of a bind, where port X is updated but port Y that depends on it won't update and is now broken because of port  X being updated.

This buys me time to fix port Y and then update that in MacPorts, and then restore the current versions of everything.

Ken