Binaries over different os10 versions

dan d. dandunfee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 21:23:05 UTC 2020

Does a binary, like lynx the browser, work over several versions of os10.  I have one older machine which version is 6 upgrades removed from
the most recent one.  Will that lynx continue to work if most of the versions are skipped by installing a more recent version of os10? -- I
was thinking instead of doing the macports step by step migration for a newer os10 i would just do an install from scratch but keep the older
binaries I frequently use until the macports for the new version is installed

XR